Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday May 26, 2011 Prov. 1-3; Rom 7

Thursday May 26, 2011
Prov. 1-3; Rom 7

S- Prov. 8 & 9 (The Message) Pay close attention, friend, to what your father tells you; never forget what you learned at your mother's knee. Wear their counsel like flowers in your hair, like rings on your fingers.

O- Proverbs are the wise sayings of Solomon. Wisdom to follow while here on earth. Even if we did not have the smartest parents, they still have walked through stuff and hard times and have wisdom to pass on to their children. God commands us to respect and honor them, and here He is to learn from their wisdom......watch closely.

A- My mom didn't go to high school, but she sure did have a lot of wisdom from many difficult times that she walked through. When I was young (little girl) I listened to everything she said, and I totally trusted what she guided me to do. As I got older (teens to mid-20's) I didn't think she was always right, and didn't trust the ways she was instructing me to go. As I grew with my family, and had kids of my own, I realized that some of my moms ways were actually the right way to go. When I didn't listen to her, I often found myself into some trouble. Funny, she was big on keeping a clean tongue and not using foul language. IN the neighborhood I lived in, lost of kids said lots of bad words......and so did their parents. My mom would say, "don't be a trash mouth, because nice girls don't swear." She was right, she kept me separated by those simple word of advice. I can say that I felt like I had something special growing up without a trash mouth:)

P- Lord, thank you for our God chosen parents. Even when it hasn't been easy, Lord you have given us the forgiver to be inside of us, and the wisdom to give honor and respect to our parents. Thank you that in everyone there are treasures that we can learn from, and when we do it's like wearing a precious diamond:) Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment