Wednesday, May 18, 2011

STAND FIRM

Wednesday - May 18, 2011 - 1 Kings 3; 2 Chronicles 1; Psalm 78; 2 Thessalonians 2

S - 2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

O - Paul is encouraging the Thessalonians to keep doing the work of the Lord.

A - Even though I am saved by Jesus' death on the cross, the trials still come. That part of my life is not different. The difference is that I have more strength to make it through the hard times than I did before I knew the truth. It's difficult to stand firm when you are not sure of the outcome, but I know the ending of the story: God wins! And sometimes this is all I know. 

P - Thank You for this strength to stand firm that only comes from You. Increase the glory of Your presence in my life, Lord, that I may be further encouraged to continue to stand firm for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment