Sunday, May 29, 2011

Listen to What?

Sunday, May 27, 2011: Proverbs 10-12; Romans 10

LISTEN TO WHAT?

S: Romans 10:18 – (MSG) The point is – Before you trust (in God) you have to listen. But unless Christ’s Word is preached there’s nothing to listen to.
O: Paul is reminding us that faith comes from hearing the word of God but if there is noone preaching the Word there is nothing to hear.
A: God hears the voices of all those who call out for help. But if someone has never heard about God – they have nowhere to turn. When trouble comes I can take comfort in knowing that God already has a solution to my problem. But what about those around me who don’t know God, haven’t even been introduced? It’s so tempting to think that those places where the Gospel has not been preached are on foreign soil and far away. In reality those places are in our own workplace, our schools, our neighborhoods. The people who are supposed to “preach” the Word are not foreign missionaries but us. There are opportunities all around us if we simply open our eyes and then open our mouths. It’s just a conversation with life giving consequences.
P: Father God open my eyes to all the people around me who don’t know you and give me courage to open my mouth. Give me words to share about you and Jesus. Let the way I live my life today be a testimony to those who don’t know you about how awesome you are and create in them a desire to know you too. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment