Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Call to Action

S - Prov. 7:1 - "My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you. Keep my commands and you will live: guard my teachings ... and you will live. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablets of your heart."

O - As I read these words, I immediately notice the strong verbs: keep, store, guard bind, write. To profit from God's word, we need to actively engage with it. We need to read it, write it, speak it, pray it, eat it ,breathe it, and live it. God's word should be our lens, our world view, and our daily bread that nourishes us and makes us strong.

A - I need to read God's word with a faith-filled heart, and fight to keep the revelation and the breakthroughs that He gives me.

P - Holy Spirit, inspire us today to action. Inspire us to hold on to the truth and not let go. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment