Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Glorious Life

S: Romans 3:24-26: Since we’ve compiled this long and sorry record as sinners and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the glorious lives God wills for us, God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we’re in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. (MSG)
O: God did for us what we were unable to do for ourselves and he did it by sending Jesus to die on the cross for us. There is no greater gift.
A: We can take no credit for what has been done for us. Jesus gave it all for us. This story is still true today and the story is not about us it’s about Jesus. No matter what we face in our lives today JESUS is the only way out. God has devised an escape plan just for us – a way out of our lives of sin. A path to freedom. All we have to do is call on his name: Jesus Jesus Jesus.
P: Father God thank you for what you did for me. I deserved nothing. I was surrounded by my sin when Jesus reached down and restored me to life. I give myself completely to you. All of me. Forgive me of my sins and set me on the path you have marked out for me. Use me to reach others for you. Let my life be a giant street sign pointing the way to Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment