Wednesday, May 11, 2011

CAST YOUR CARES

Wednesday - May 11, 2011 - 2 Samuel 19-20; Psalm 55; Matthew 28

S - Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

O - David is speaking from experience here. To cast your cares means to throw them at Him. When you throw something, you no longer have it.

A - Sometimes it seems like I just show my cares to the Lord. "See what I'm carrying, Lord?" And I don't actually throw them at Him. If it feels as if God is not sustaining you right now, consider this - are you still holding onto your cares?

P - Once more, I dump them at your feet, Lord. I don't want them back. I don't need to worry about things, even for planning purposes. If I'm in tune to you, you'll tell me what to do. Thank You for sustaining me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment