Friday, August 19, 2011

“FEED MY SHEEP”

Jeremiah 45-47; Psalm 105; John 21

S=Scripture=Objective. A=Application, P=Prayer

S--John 21:15-17 “Simon do you truly love me?” …feed My Lambs…”Do you truly love me? Take care of my sheep.” “Do you love me?…Feed my sheep.”

O--Jesus asked Simon Peter 3 times “Do you love me? Peter repeated 3 times “Yes Lord you know that I do.” Jesus answered…”feed my lambs, take care of my sheep and feed my sheep.” Seems here Jesus is equating Peter’s love for Him with feeding (teaching) His new believers, and the flock, and taking care of them.

A--When my husband asked me to make a 2nd voyage with him it meant I would need to quit the job I loved, and relinquish the position I had been given. I really did not want to do this …but I loved my husband and knew that the greatest act of love at that time was to say “let’s go sailing.” Honestly, since we’ve returned from our trip, our marriage has never been better. God implies in these verses that love=teaching and taking care of His people. This is not a difficult task…it can be a labor of love…love of God and of our fellowman.

P--Oh God sometimes I forget how very loving You are. Your desire remains the same…”If you love me feed my sheep.” Help me Lord to be Your hands extended to a hurting world.” I do love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment