Thursday, August 11, 2011

S=Scripture, O=Observation, A=Application, P= Prayer

Thursday August 11, 2011
Jer. 7-9, John 13
"serve on another"
S- John 13:10 Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, thought not everyone of you."

O- Just before the Passover Feast with Jesus's disciples, Jesus prepares to wash their feet. This was an unheard of surprise to Peter, and he says......"No, you shall never wash my feet." Jesus replies, that if you don't allow me to wash you feet, you will have no part of me. Peter replies, then wash my hands, my head....all of me.

A- Jesus washed feet to be a teacher and Lord to show what we should do for one another, which is "serve one another."
Why our feet? Our feet are one of the most vulnerable areas of our body. To have someone touch them physically, can
be awkward. I love getting a pedicure and having my feet washed with hot hot water, but I tense up when they touch
touch them and scrub my feet. To wash someone's feet, there must be nothing between you......no unforgiveness, no
offenses, it's an act of love. It's an act of submission that I trust you and forgive anything that could come between us.
Yet, Jesus knew one of his disciples would betray him......just as we know that at some point in a relationship, we will
need to take a field trip to the cross and ask for forgiveness from one another. Washing feet, and serving one another
is not just a one time thing, it's a constant cleansing, to keep the love between us & Him pure and holy.

P- Father, let washing each others feet be something we do daily! Even if it is not physical, but in the spirit let us have a
heart attitude that would be of a pure and holy heart towards one another. Show us ways to serve and love one another,
that those who see, would know it was an act of love through you. Thank you for your teaching examples on how
we should be. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment