Monday, August 1, 2011

Our Hope Comes From God

by Diana Kriesel

Monday, 8/1/11 – Isaiah 65,66; Psalm 62; John 3 – “Our Hope Comes from God”

S= Scripture; O= Observation; A= Application; P= Prayer

S– Psalm 62:6 – “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.”

O – The psalmist is reminding himself to trust in God, our only hope, our only source of salvation and strength. He declares that because of God’s great power and faithfulness, he will not be shaken or disturbed.

A – The language of this psalm moves us toward a greater confidence and certain conviction in God as the rock of our strength and our only refuge. Like the psalmist, we should stir ourselves to trust in God’s faithfulness. The Message translation says it this way: “He's the solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, an impregnable castle: I'm set for life.” We give our soul breathing room by trusting God. When we trust, fear is expelled and faith has room to expand within our heart, mind and circumstance.

P – Lord, teach us to trust You and You alone. In spite of disappointments that crash in on us and unexpected crises that try to distract us, teach us to stir ourselves to find our rest and hope in You, for You are our rock and our salvation; You are our fortress and we will not be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment