Wednesday, August 3, 2011

JESUS ENCOUNTER

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 - Nahum 1-3; John 5

S - John 5:6  When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"

O - Jesus asked the invalid if he desired to be healed, which probably sounded ridiculous to the man because he was obviously at the healing pool trying to be the first one in when the waters stirred.

A - The healings that happened at the pool came about by someone being the best, the fastest to get in the pool after the waters stirred.  But Jesus let the man know that healing is not dependent on man and whether he has enough friends to get him into the pool.  All one really needs is an encounter with Jesus.  Don't blame others for where you are at in your life.  Look upon Jesus and do what He says.  Sometimes we rely so heavily on people to help us out of troubles that we forget from whom the help truly comes.

P - Lord, I thank You that all my help comes from You.  Heal me, sanctify me, make me whole and holy, in Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment