Thursday, August 4, 2011

The lunch

Thursday August 4, 2011
S-Scripture O-Observation A-Application P-Prayer

2 Kings 22, 2 Chron 34, John 6
S-John 6:9 "Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?

O- Jesus saw the crowd of people, over 5000 coming up the mountainside, and asked "where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" This was only a test to Phillip. Phillip answered there is a boy here with a lunch. Jesus knew the boy would willing give up his lunch to share, and what HE was going to do to multiply it to have plenty for everyone. A miracle on the mountain.

A- This happens to me time and time again. I think I do not have enough food, or enough time to finish what needs to be done, and some how my time is more than enough, and my means are more than plenty to share. I am amazed that it was a child that was the only one who had a lunch and who was asked to share it. I wonder what his face looked like when Jesus took his lunch to share......I bet he was smiling when he saw what Jesus did. Just like we smile when Jesus takes something of ours and shares it with others for HIS glory.

P- Thank you Jesus that you give us more than enough. Please take whatever you want of mine and multiply it for your glory, to share with others. Thank you that your bread of life from Heaven, gives to us so that we may never grow hungry or thirsty. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment