Sunday, August 21, 2011

REAL LIFE

Sunday, August 21st: Jeremiah 21, 24 & 27; Psalm 118 & 1 John 2

S: 1 John 2:24-25 (MSG): Stay with what you heard from the beginning, the original message. Let it sink into your life. If what you heard from the beginning lives deeply in you , you will live deeply in both Son and Father. This is exactly what Christ promised eternal life, real life.

O: Don’t mess with the original message. Let God’s word sink deep into your life and you will live deeply with Father and Son. This is real life.

A: For me, God’s word requires no interpretation. There is no “well what he really meant was……” It doesn’t need to be changed or altered to suit my needs or my circumstances. God’s word is the compass by which I try to live my life. I don’t want to live by an altered version of what God might have said. I want to live by the truth. I have spent too much time believing lies about myself (you’re too fat, too ugly, you’d be happier if you had more money, if you step out and try that you will fail) – these are the kinds of things the Enemy would like for me to believe. That is why I love the Word. Because when I get lost in the darkness of those lies……..the Word of God says “I love you” “I chose you” “Step out of that boat and come to me”. My heart’s desire is for the word of God to live so deeply inside of me that it becomes a part of who I am. That it changes me into the woman God has called me to be. Only the truth can bring me face to face with Jesus. Only Jesus can bring about lasting change in my life and the lives around me.

P: Father God thank you for your Word. Let it sink so deeply inside of me Lord that I become lost in it. I want more of YOU. Let your Word take me deeper, into deeper intimacy with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment