Wednesday, August 24, 2011

IF YOU LOVE GOD

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - Jeremiah 33, 34; Psalm 74; 1 John 5

S - 1 John 5:3  In fact, this is love for God:  to keep his commands.  And his commands are not burdensome,...

O - John is telling us what true love for God looks like.

A - You say you love God.  I ask, "Do you love God?" and you reply "Of course I do!"  And yet you do not keep His commands.  You lied to your spouse about how much money you spent.  You ridiculed your mother and so dishonored her.  I heard you say that you hated someone - Jesus said that is the same as murdering.  And you're jealous of your friend's new car - that is coveting.  See?  You are failing to keep God's commands.  If you claim to love Him - then love Him fully - so much so that keeping His commands is not difficult for you - not at all - because of love.

P - Oh, Lord, I love You so much.  Remind me, Lord, when I am tempted to sin, of my love for You so that I will turn from sin to the face of my Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment