Friday, August 12, 2011

PLEASE DON’T GO

Jeremiah 10-12; John 14
S=Scripture=Objective. A=Application, P=Prayer


S--Jn. 14:27 b “Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.”

O--Jesus is talking to His followers and telling them that He will be leaving them soon. Jesus had a plan…but they were so wrapped up in their lives and ministry that they could not understand His need to go. He knew the big picture. He went (died) that we might live with Him for eternity. They were distraught and Jesus was trying to encourage and educate them on what is to come.

A--Have you ever had someone very important to you say that they are leaving? Even if they say they will be back…there is a desperation that you feel. “If you really loved me you wouldn’t go…how can you do this to me?” Our hearts become troubled and we are afraid…BUT God…He has a plan for our lives…people we love will come and go, and though this saddens us…we must trust that God knows and sees the big picture.

P--Lord, help me to trust in You and in Your Word. I do not want my heart to be troubled or be afraid, so help me to see the big picture in all circumstances in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment