Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Aspire to greatness

Aspire To Greatness
Sue Miyamoto 1/2/2010

S – Gen. 5:24 – “Enoch walked with God…”

O – In today’s reading, I read of Abel, Enoch, Noah, Mary, and John the Baptist. These are outstanding individuals, people who stood out in their generation. I see intimacy with God in Enoch’s life, courageous obedience in Noah’s life, faith and yielding in Mary, and Holy Spirit power in John the Baptist.

A – Oh Lord, I want to walk with you in intimacy like Enoch, in faith like Noah and Mary, in the power of the Holy Spirit like John, and in the spirit of Elijah, another outstanding individual. I declare by faith that I will walk in my inheritance, close to You, yielded to your will. By faith, and in total dependence, I declare that I will walk in greatness because great is the Lord my God!

P- Lord, I pray right now for those reading these words, that you will stir hearts to aspire to greatness, that they will breathe in your Spirit, your Ruah, and breathe out your power, that you will teach them to ascend, to soar into greatness in, with and through You.


Side Note from Sue: Do you know that the word aspire means literally to breathe upon. It means “to seek to attain a particular goal” and the second definition is “to ascend, to soar.”

No comments:

Post a Comment