Saturday, January 23, 2010

No Excuse Zone

January 23,10
S- Ex. 6:12 - "The children of Israel have not heeded me. How then shall Pharoah heed me, for I am of uncirucumcized lips?"

O- These seem like valid excuses to me. If your own people won't listen, how could you possibly expect that Pharoah will listen to you? Plus Moses wasn't a very good speaker. Three strikes and you are out, ... right? Yet God wasn't interested or listening to excuses. He basically said "Just do it." (my translation of Ex. 6:13 "gave them a command ... to bring the children of Israel out.")

A- If I know God's will, I need to "just do it", knowing that if God is with me and if he has commanded it, that it is possible. Our excuses don't stand up against the clear command of God.

P - Lord, help me to clearly know your will and "just do it", trusting that your power will back me up. Release the power of heaven into our lives as we obey your clear commands. I lay down all excuses and receive the power of God to do your will today.

No comments:

Post a Comment