Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Signet Ring

S- Gen. 41:42 - "Then Pharoah took his signet ring off his hand and put it on Joseph's hand and he clothed him in his garments of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck."

O - This passage of scripture is very similar to the Prodigal Son passage in Luke 15, where the Prodigal Son is given a ring and a robe. With the signet ring, Joseph's orders would now have the same authority as Pharoah's orders. The signet ring had the signature of Pharoah in Egyptian hieroglyphes.

A - Whether I come from the hard place of personal failure like the Prodigal Son or from the hard place of injustice and suffering, God can lift me up, can restore me and empower me. Luke 9:1 - "When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority."

P - Lord, I want to honor You by walking in your power and authority today! I wear your ring with great joy! Thank you for your signet ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment