Friday, January 22, 2010

OUT OF YOUR MISERY!

by Cathy Weymouth

Friday 1/22/10 - Exodus 3-5; Luke 22

S- Ex 3:7,17 "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt, I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers and I am concerned about their suffering. Say to them, 'I have promised to bring you up out of your misery into... a land flowing with milk and honey.' "

O- God was watching over His people as they suffered in slavery in Egypt. He was concerned about their suffering and he reassues Moses that he will deliver them out of bondage into freedom. He will bring them to the promised land.

A- I love this scripture because this is the theme God used to bring me out of the bondage of compulsive eating. I kept stretching toward the promised land where I would regain a natural relationship with food.  Are you suffering in misery, in a bondage of sorts? Have you been crying out for God's help?  In one fashion or another, He promises to bring you out of your misery. It may be by changing your circumstances or by changing your outlook in the midst of them. Pressing in to Him for deliverance is well worth it!

P- O Father, I am so grateful for your deliverance out of compulsive eating. My life is forever changed because you saw my misery and you delivered me.  You brought me to the land of milk and honey.  You are able to bring us out of bondage and misery into freedom. You are the God of Salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment