Sunday, January 24, 2010

FAVOR

by Vivian Bills

Sunday 1/24/10 - Exodus 9-11; Luke 24

S - Exodus 11:3 (NIV) (The LORD made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and Moses himself was highly regarded in Egypt by Pharaoh's officials and by the people.)

O - God's people are favored, not only by Him, but by men - so much so that non-believers will give to believers so they can do God's work. It is the same today. I know professed atheists who will blast Christians to my face with scorn and contempt and when I remind them that I am a Christian they say, "Yes, but you're different." I really am not.

A - Continue to do the work of the Lord and when your enemies blast us as a whole, love them. I usually apologize on behalf of my brothers and sisters to one who has been offended by a Christian.

P - Lord, help me to show Your kindness toward others, that they may look favorably upon Your people - sowing into Your kingdom whether they choose to follow You or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment