Tuesday, January 12, 2010

RELAX!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday, 1/12/10 Genesis 29,30; Luke 12 - RELAX!

S- Luke 12:29 MSG "What I am trying to do here is to get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so that you can respond to God's giving.

O- Jesus is teaching his disciples about God's ways; how they were not to be concerned with food and clothing because God would care and provide for them. He feeds the ravens and cares for the lilies; how much more He would care for his children? "If God gives such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never even seen, don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?" Luke 12:28 MSG

A- The Lord taught me something powerful through a Graham Cooke tape years ago.  God has many facets to his personality and nature and Graham suggested that we each ask God which characteristic He would like us to know Him personally. For Graham, it was His Kindness - "God is the kindest Person I know," you will hear Graham Cooke say! So I asked God to reveal to me my personal characteristic, which He said is Faithfulness.  And I have seen it!  God is always Faithful.  He always pulls through for me! Why would I worry today when I know He will be Faithful yet again, just like He always is!!

P-Father, thank you for your Faithfulness.  I lay my worries at your feet because you cannot be unfaithful.  May I trust your track record and your nature of Faithfulness when I am tempted to be concerned about the cares of this life. Instead, I choose to RELAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment