Monday, January 25, 2010

COMMEMORATING DELIVERANCE!

by Cathy Weymouth

Monday 1/25/10 - Ex 12,13; Ps 21; Acts 1 - COMMEMORATING DELIVERANCE!

S- Ex 12:13,14;13:14 "The blood will be a sign to you on the the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you.  No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt. This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the Lord." ...With a mighty hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

O- The Lord gave the Israelites specific instructions in the escape from Egypt. He also asked them to celebrate in remembrance this Passover event - which has been commemorated by the Jewish people ever since.

A- I wonder if there are events of deliverance in our lives that we ought to remember and celebrate?  It is good to reflect back things which the Lord has done for us; He saved us from our old lifestyles, He has healed us, delivered us, rescued us, etc.  How good it is to remember His interventions especially when we get caught up in life and trials.

P- I keep saying it, but thank you, Lord.  Ten years ago you delivered me from compulsive eating. It was a 30-year battle that consumed my life.  It was daily trauma; it was a prison which held my mind and my body in captivity. Thank you thank you thank you!  I am celebrating this 10-year freedom and speaking of it at every opportunity. You are faithful; you are a Deliverer; you love me and you answered my LONG prayer for freedom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment